Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Imaginative Arts Reflection

We (in the young men's class)  did not get to our reflection today, so here are some reflection questions - you can pick one and answer it in your reflection book today...

-What is a weakness that I want God to turn into a strength?  What is my part?
-How can I serve more in my family?
-What "natural man" tendency (sleeping in, wasting time, eating junk, etc) can I give up in order to strengthen my spirit?

If you are willing to share any thoughts from your reflection, please leave a comment!

Here is a video that Isaiah sent - it goes perfectly with our lesson.  Feel free to comment on it and let us know your thoughts:



 And last, but not least, here is a new video on lds.org that also illustrates how we are God's Masterpiece (something Michelangelo seemed to really understand)  and we can choose to use our bodies to move us away from God or to help us grow closer to God.

 Again, we'd love to hear your thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. I totally felt the spirit today! Here are some of my thought's from reflection:
    "I need to let God shape me and mold me. When you have a passion for something and when it's your mission, it won't matter who tries to stop you (unless it's the Lord, but then it wouldn't be your mission) you'll stick to it and do whatever it takes to complete it. You will use it to serve others and you will begin to understand what good it can do in the world."
    "It's better to be one step away from *evil facing Heaven, then to be one step away from Heaven facing *evil." -Quote from Seminary teacher Brother Barton. Then one of my class mates pointed out "But it's best to be one step away from Heaven facing Heaven" And to be in the right place for God to shape and mold us we need to be facing Heaven, no matter how many steps away we are.
    Moroni 7:28
    (* I didn't fell comfortable using the real word in the quote even though I know it's not swearing in that case ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I can serve my family more by being a better example.
    Sister Bates, I don't see the link to the video, just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Skit Guys Video! So many A-Ha's!

    ReplyDelete