Thursday, October 17, 2013

Vanugard-History and Geography

I wrote a poem for History and Geography last week for Journeyman. First poem, absolutely awful! But I thought I'd share anyway:

My New Land (A Poem)

If I were to find a new land,
I'd want it to be very grand,
I'd want the sun to be shining all through,
And the sky to be a beautiful blue.

If I were to find a new land,
I'd like to be able to stand,
And not get hot or even cold,
And just look at the trees, the leaves all gold.

If only I could have a new land,
That would be my own to command,
I'd lay on the ground, and listen to sounds
Of everything within my bounds.

I'd hear everything from shore to shore,

As I quietly lay down to snore. 

2 comments:

  1. Gracious! I love your poem! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this poem! I love your descriptive words like "leaves all gold". And I thought your last line was funny. Keep writing! You have great talent for it.

    ReplyDelete