Thursday, September 5, 2013

Leadership Today.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say, today was awesome. I was very inspired and loved all that you had to say. Just some thoughts from my reflection when I got home:

What does it mean to be a hero? What makes someone a hero?:
  • Leader
  • Smart/Creative
  • Inspired
  • Makes Friends Easily
  • Gives Credit to God
  • Defends Others
  • Sees Faults in themselves and fixes them.
  • Example to Others
  • Self Confidence
  • Good Habits
 What do I admire in my hero? (John Adams):
  • Brave
  • Loved/respected his wife
  • Leader
  • Said it how it was.
 Now answer this question for yourself: What do I need to do to become a (better) hero?

I also thought I'd share the poem I wrote for Journeyman:

God's Hand in America:
By Megan Johnson

I look in the present,
the future the past,
Looking for something,
Great, big and vast,

Bigger then oceans,
Bigger then whales,
Bigger then skyscrapers,
Or sail boat sails.

I'm looking for God's hand,
In the water and Sand,
And in the past and future,

In our Human culture,

America, I learned about,
And what we have that we can shout
What has been done, Before I came,
What is different? What is the same?

I learned about Journal writing,
I learned about fighting,
I learned to ask this question, say:
Have I seen God's hand in my life today?

But do we mean it?
Where have we seen it?
How can we know,
What He has to show?

Look in the scriptures!
In many fixtures,
Look in the books,
Or on your nooks!

In history it shows us,
Time and time again,
God gives us great leaders,
To fight Evil; we will win.

Washington was brave,
And smart as we should be.
Joseph smith, obedient,
And wise and humbly.

Think of leaders in your lives,
In church, in family, friends,
What characteristics do they have?
That God himself has given?

Look for these examples,
And become one yourself,
But most of all importance,
His hand look for in yourself.

Thanks so much!
-Dassia

1 comment:

  1. I love your poems Megan! This one was inspirational, it motivated me to look for God's hand in my life today and to write about it. I have already seen it in different ways this morning. It's such an important and joyful thing to be aware of!

    Thanks for your thoughts on heroes too. There are several things on your list that I want to work on.

    And John Adams is one of my favorite people too.

    ReplyDelete